Tuesday, March 18, 2008

And she's off...

Evie suddenly figured out the walker today and was roaming from room to room downstairs! It was pretty exciting. She rolled into the kitchen and I called her name and she backpedaled into the dining room again to see me! She was doing really well. I had to pull the tablecloth up so she didn't pull it down. Time to get some clamps on that or do away with it...LIly wasn't so into the whole walker thing. She'll get it eventually I guess. She IS pulling up on her hands and knees now, just not GOING anywhere!

So, all you experienced preemie moms out there. The girls are caught up in size, so do we feed them according to what a normal 10monthold would be eating, or do we still do the adjusted age? I'm a biiiiit confused. And on that note, at 10 months, how much solid food were the kids eating? We give the girls half a container of 2nd foods around 12:30 or 1 p.m. and a whole container around 5:30 or 6 p.m. They get a 7 ounce bottle when the wake up (after 12 hours of nothing!), then a 5 ounce at 2:30 or 3 p.m. and another at 6:30 or 7 p.m. Before bed they get their 7-8 ounces, usually around 10 p.m. or 10:30 p.m. They go to bed 11ish. (I'm not a morning person and this way, I dont' have to be...I know we will probably ahve to scale things back as they get older and closer to school.)

I'm going to take a leaf out of a friend's book and make the girls headbands to go with their easter dresses. Ijust ahve to go out and get them! I want to get yellow adults stretchy bands and tie little colored bows on them. Nothing that will be tight or leave marks on their heads like some of the baby headbands I've seen. I'll post pics if I am successful!

3 comments:

girlytwins said...

Way to go Eve! Now the world is at your disposal :)

I don't really have too much advice on what to feed your girls. I'm pretty sure you can feed them most foods now. There are a few they tell you to wait on. Try getting a book about feeding. Super Baby Food is a great book for ideas. We still use it. My girls were really late bloomers in the eating arena.

Debra said...

My boys were late bloomers on eating too. Just go by how muh they want to eat. They will let you know when they are done.

Jocasta said...

Go Evie Go!

I'm not an experienced preemie mum as my girls are younger than yours!! But I'm going by adjusted age. I wouldn't worry about how much they are eating as long as they are putting on weight. They will let you know if they are still hungry (well mine aren't backwards in this regard) and you can't overfeed them.

As for the late start - they are bound to take that out of your hands well before school age!!! I'm not a morning person either and my luck ran out with my eldest a long long time ago!