Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Introduction...

Okay, I've decided to start another blog! This one is still all about the twins, but less about updating family about the milestones and more about sharing my "mom" stories and chattering about what's going on at home with the girls! It's not that I don't want my family to read these posts, but it is more for my fellow twin/triplets/multiple children mom friends who can sympathize with me than it is for my Marine brother and old school friends! I know, I'm crazy. I have a Livejournal that I use to talk to complete strangers and sometimes I LIKE the anonymity! I can say what I need to and not worry about it climbing around the family rumor tree like a rabid squirrel.

So first order of business: What are the twins up to these days?

That's easy. Making noise. They LOVE to make noise. Shrieking, yelling (for lack of a better term), gibbering, etc. etc. And they think it's the best game in the WORLD to jerk on toys and make them clank around and of course to shake things as hard as they can and more often than not lose grip and fling them. It's funny! They also use rolling as their only form of movement so far, but they've rolled to interesting places...



And as all teething babies are wont to do:



YUM!

I can't count how many times I have to clean spit-uppy slobber off of their toys! But hey, that's life right?

Now for you experienced Moms out there: How in the WORLD do you SAHM stop yourselves from lounging around all day and just hanging out with the kids? I can't seem to find the motivation to do ANYTHING else and it is starting to become a problem. I've always been computer-obssessed, but this is getting ridiculous. I can't seem to bring myself to clean up the house until it looks like a cyclone hit the place and I rarely make myself anything healthy to eat. I'm afraid if I can't get out of this rut it is going to only get worse and I want to be up and functioning before the babies depend on me for meals OTHER than formula in a bottle. Any suggestions? Could it still be some form of depression? I mean, I've had problems with it in the past, so it wouldn't REALLY surprise me. THe problem is I have no insurance and can't afford to get prescriptions!

Til next time!

11 comments:

Debra said...

Hey! It is Debra from the mom site.

I could pick up ALL day long jus tto keep the house clean. What helps me is:

1. Start the day with an empty dishwasher. My dh empties it when he gets up in the morning while I get the kids up and reeady for school.

2. When you rest, make sure the laundry is started first. Let it work while you are resting. And do NOT feel guilty about resting right now, infant twins are HARD work!

3. Visit www.flylady.net Her motto is "You can do anything is 15 minutes." I can only take 10 minutes, because my twins are toddlers now and get into EVERYTHING way too fast. Set your timer for 10 minutes and MAKE yourself do something. You will be surprised at how much you can get done. I can usually get the kitchen cleaned up from a meal or clean an entore bathroom in 10 minutes now. It is like a competition with the timer.

HTH!!!

About depression... check out my Just Another Day in Paradise blog. I have links on there with a questionare that is called Could this be PPD. If it is, and you want to chat, please feel free to email me!

Debra said...

I meant to say Debra from the momo twin website! LOL

Kate said...

Debra, THANK YOU for visiting and commenting. I will go check out your blog and that questionnaire. With a history of depression myself, and on both sides of the family, it isn't out of the question! And I will SO try your timer thing! I used to do it as a kid!!!

jenni anne said...

i do the flylady thing too! i've found that having a clean sink and dishwasher are such a HUGE little thing! also, i've been trying to only bring healthy foods into the house. that way i'm not snacking on crap all day. i rarely get a full meal these days, so if i'm going to snack, it better be on good stuff! lots of apples, oranges, peanut butter and crackers if i want something salty. i'm glad debra chimed in here too, she has a lot of great advice on PPD. your girls are beautiful, i love their chubby faces!!!

Kate said...

THanks for the healthy snacks idea. It's true, if there are junk food snacks in the house I'll go for those first. So if they aren't THERE...I have to eat the healthy ones or starve!!! And thanks for the compliment, everyone loves the girls' cheeks!!!

I am Arizona; a person, not a place. said...

I have no motivation lately, either, but its because of the weather. At least that's what I tell myself. Our house looks pretty bad lately, too. I play with the kids alot during the day, clean (but not enough to make a dent!), I'm learning HTML so I'm on the computer...then there's diaper changes on three kids, feeding, etc. SOme days i'll look at the clock and i'm shocked at the time. It goes by quickly. My problem is I'm really bored. I can only play with cars and trains and entertain the girls for so long before boredom about kills me. I'm dying for a few hours a week where I can sit down and go through my HTML book without interruption or finish some knitting or sewing or quilting that I have going on. I really need "me" time, but whenever I get a free moment I feel I should clean or do laundry instead of spend the time on me. Well, i'm rambling off on your blog...sorry! I'm glad you are blogging. I love reading momo mom blogs!

I am Arizona; a person, not a place. said...

I'd also love to start exercising again....haven't done THAT in a while!!! I miss it.

Kate said...

Wow, I can SO feel what you are sayin! I miss exercising. I just received my third-degree black belt in Tae Kwon Do before I had to stop because I was pregnant with the girls, so I miss that immensely. I find myself sorely tempted to just vegge out and read fanfiction online all day. I write a lot too and haven't had time to really sit down and do that either, which I miss. Hey, blah away on my blog, I love comments!

I am Arizona; a person, not a place. said...

Wow, we have alot in common. I used to study Aikido. But I was nowhere near a black belt! Tae Kwon Do is a great martial art to study. All the martial arts teach great discipline. Did you teach Tae Kwon Do, also? I want to enroll my son in Aikido as soon as he's potty trained. The way its going that'll be in two years.

Kate said...

Yeh, I taught for a few years and sat on test panels. I actually met my husband at TKD. He's a 4th dan now, but no longer practices either. I competed for a time too. I think the martial arts are GREAT for kids and I hope ours take an interest. It IS in their genes! :-)

I am Arizona; a person, not a place. said...

My husband has a black belt in Kendo. We had just started dating when he got the black belt and I always thought he looked hot swinging a sword!lol! Neither one of us practices anymore. It happens! Life takes over. You and your husband are really experienced. Maybe when your kids get a little bigger you'll get back into it.